The Benefits of Working at Hope
Upon successful appointment Hope will:
- arrange an Orientation Program in your home country (where possible),
- organise your visa,
- provide information about packing, freighting, and other practical bits and pieces learned by the experience of those who have gone before,
- assist in the organisation of your medical insurance,
- provide some information and activities to help prepare your children (if any),
- meet you at the airport and provide an orientation to assist in settling,
- provide ongoing support for you and your family as you begin your new life in Cambodia.
Staff are paid an allowance that enables then to live simply but comfortably in the local community. It is sufficient for daily requirements, as well as allowing for eating out occasionally, and even saving for a holiday in one of the neighbouring countries, Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.
Hope assists with finding accommodation. An allowance is provided to help finance some house items. Alternatively some second hand furniture (where available) can be loaned to staff.
Airfares to Cambodia are the responsibility of the staff member. At the end of two years, Hope will provide a one-way ticket for the member of staff to return to their home country, or a return flight for the teacher if their contract is renewed.
Medical Insurance is subsidised by Hope through TTC (http://www.talent-trust.com/). The subsidy caters for standard medical insurance and emergency evacuation cover. Options beyond standard medical insurance such as dental and travel insurance may be purchased by the staff member.
Your children (if any) are provided free tuition. There is however a capital fee for each child that should be paid upon their enrolment at Hope School.
There are innumerable rewards spiritually, culturally and personally in working both in Cambodia and within Hope School. We encourage you to become actively involved in our school community and that of the church which you choose to attend. For children you will notice that our school offers a range of extra-curricular activities, and it is also active in the inter-school activities and sports networks.
We encourage staff to seek additional financial support from home, from their church, friends, family or in partnership with a mission organisation. This support is helpful with some of these costs mentioned in addition to some of those personal expenses in establishing your new home and vehicle costs for your time here in Phnom Penh.